Monday, March 7, 2011

Prayers Requested For a Safe Journey

Isn't it crazy how fast your week can change? 

Hubby got the call yesterday that his grandmother was given an estimated 3-6 more weeks to live. Nothing shocking or unexpected, like a traumatic car wreck or something. Just a combination of advanced cancer, dementia, and old age.

So hubby will be taking Ava up to Minnesota. Leaving Tuesday morning, coming back on Thursday evening. Besides the long time spent in the NICU, and the occasional night at my moms, it'll be my first time away from Ava. But I know that she's Jake number one priority, so I know she'll be well taken care of. It's important to Jake that Ava meets his favorite grandmother.

I want Jake to enjoy his time with his grandmother. From what we know, she does still have a few good hours in the day where her memory works, and she's clear and coherent. I want him to have time with "that" grandma.

So while it's an unexpected trip, I know he's excited to see her. I would have loved to go to say my goodbyes, but someone still has to make sure my other two crumb snatchers get to school. Plus, the cost of last minute plane tickets are outrageous enough as it is.

So I'm already missing Jake, and Ava. And hoping and praying that Jake has a good time, and comes back with enough memories for a lifetime.

If you pray, then pray. No prayers needed for miracles or recovery. From the talks we've had with his Grandmother, she's ready when the Lord decides to take her. But prayers are requested for comfort, peace and clarity. If you don't pray, then maybe send a wish for a safe journey, for both Jake and his Grandmother.

Jake and his Grandma Eileen, June 2009


Photobucket

6 people love me:

Five Seconds From Crazy said... [Reply to comment]

Awww, sweetie, I'm sad to hear this.
I think part of why you are feeling so strongly about missing Jake is, not because of the two days he'll be away with Ava, but because during those two days you won't be beside him to hug and comfort him. It's something he'll be doing without his wife there to hold him.
That leaves you feeling a little helpless, I'm sure.
Am I overstepping? I do that...:(

I am keeping Jake's grandmother is my prayers for an easy and graceful transition into God's arms.

Kristen @ Who's Watching the Baby? said... [Reply to comment]

Prayers that this visit is full of all of the very best things: best memories, best times, best hugs, best giggles. Prayers that Jake's grandmother has a peaceful time in the coming weeks. And prayers of gratitude that Ava gets the chance to make this trip with her daddy. Prayers all around.

Anonymous said... [Reply to comment]

I hope everyone has a calm and peaceful journey.

Christine @ sugarandtrash.com said... [Reply to comment]

Hi! I found you on Homemaker on a Dime's link party. I just love your blog, I am your newest follower.

Christine @ sugarandtrash.com said... [Reply to comment]

P.S. praying for a safe trip for the both of them. My last moments with both of my grandmothers was so special and rewarding. It will be a good visit.

Tiffany said... [Reply to comment]

I wish for a safe trip for Jake and Ava and that they come home with many great memories! I wish for peace for Jake's grandma and that her remaining time is pain-free.