Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Blog Swap Awesomesauce with J and J Home

I have a treat for you readers today! Jeanne from J and J Home and I are swapping today. She's a doll, and I heart her blog. Seriously, you'll find a ton of inspiration, and she was awesome and saved me some work and linked to my favorites posts of hers down at the bottom. Instead of doing a tutorial swap, we exchanged some random questions.



Hi, I'm here from JandJHome and am so excited to be guest posting here at  Life, Crafts, and Whatever. Jen's blog is one of my daily reads and I love everything about her! We'll start with some questions.


What is your biggest fear/phobia?  Without getting overly emotional here, I would have to say growing old without children.

Were you named after anyone?  I was named after my great grandmother, Jean.  My parents added an ne at the end, which I'm glad they did. 


Who would you choose to play you in a movie? Wow, I have no idea. I am so not a movie person, but I guess I would have to say Julianne Moore, because of her red hair. 


What three people, dead or alive, would you invite to a dinner party? I would definitely invite my grandfather, Javier. I never met him and although he is with my grandmother, Mamama, in heaven, I'd love to see them interacting. She was in such awe of him and lost him way too early.  She was in her 40's. I  would also have my mom there to see how she was shaped by her parents.


Why did you start blogging?  I started blogging as a distraction from major baby making issues, I'm talking almost 5 years worth (see answer number 1). It has been the best decision I've ever made. I have found a whole new passion and love for all things DIY and crafty. 


Any crafts you want to learn/wish you were better at?  I want to learn to paint, draw, etc.  My mom is an art teacher and my dad is an architect turned artist and I have from where to have inherited it from.  I guess I have to give it a try.


So now that you know so much about me, let me show you some of my favorite projects so far. 












My sunburst mirror out of wood shims.  It's huge and I love the rusticness of it among my modern furniture.




  










I made this bench for the foot of my bed using an old coffee table and some wood from Home Depot.
 






Finally, my Ikea hack upholstered headboard is what started a transformation of my master bedroom. 










I'd love for you to stop by JandJHome! I always love new friends.  Thanks Jen for having me here today, you are a total inspiration to me. 




Photobucket

3 people love me:

jandjhome said... [Reply to comment]

Love it! Very excited to be here today!

Lesley said... [Reply to comment]

All the awesome girls are hanging over here today? Hold on, let me grab a folding chair so I can be one of the in crowd, too...k?

Stitchfork said... [Reply to comment]

Just hopped over from your blog - two great finds at once!
xo Cathy