Let's start off with the lows, so we can end off with the highs, shall we?
- Lover, Ava and I have been dealing with a cold all week. I'm pretty sure that Lover and I have just been passing it back and forth. I was sick two weeks ago, he was sick last week, and starting Sunday I started feeling icky again. Coughing, runny nose, my head feels fat. It sucks.
- I managed to fall off the ladder when I was doing the touch up paint on my bedroom wall. I thought I was on the bottom rung and went to step down. But I was on the second to bottom rung. The ladder was close to the side wall, so I ended up falling into the wall, jacked up my elbow, scraped off some skin through my thick hoodie. And dropped the touch up paint container on the floor, spilling white paint all over our carpet. Oh, and you're asking, "Where was her plastic tarp to protect the carpet?" Yeah, I wasn't using it. I figured "Oh, I'm just doing a tiny area, I don't need it." Frack.
- I am officially sick of making pillows. I used to think Etsy shops were insane for going on "vacation" mode. I mean, why would you turn down the chance to make money? But now I totally get it. Today I'm making pillows 30 and 31 within the past two weeks.
- My bedroom stenciled wall is officially finished! I will be doing a blog post about it soon enough, but it's gorgeous, and totally worth a banged up elbow.
- When I was being
a dumbasslazy and not using the plastic tarp and spilling paint all over the carpet, I screamed for hubby to come help me clean. He runs in, I'm screaming about the paint and spazzing out, and he makes eye contact with me and says "Are YOU okay?" No worries for the possibly ruined carpet, just wanted to make sure I was okay. That's amazing. I was once the passenger in a car that was rear ended by someone driving 35 MPH before (and had my 2 year old in the backseat), and the driver not once asked us if we were okay, just got out to survey the car damage and scream at the other driver. So someone who immediately is more concerned about your safety than material things is something to be celebrated and appreciated.
- Lover and I have finally found time to catch up on Dexter. We've been so busy lately, with his freelance and my etsy stuff that we haven't had any time to watch TV at night. While his freelance is a welcome addition to our income, I was missing our time together at night.
- Etsy sales. Yes, I put this in my lows, but it's also a major high. I'm a SAHM, and Lover works so hard at this job and freelance so I can stay home with the girls. So it's wonderful to feel like I'm contributing to the finances.
- I didn't have to punch my computer or throw it off a cliff! For a week or so, I couldn't upload pictures anywhere. Couldn't attach them to an email, upload them to FB or Blogger, nothing. I'd open the attachment screen, it'd immediately close. Lover took it to work, and a guy up there was able to fix it. For someone who uploads stuff constantly, it was a huge hassle to have to upload them from iPhoto to Flickr to blogger, but thankfully, it's all fixed now.
- My 8 year old is such a pleasure to be around lately. We've had a hard couple of months, but the last couple of weeks has been awesome. I hope that going back to school today doesn't bring back the "Bad Arielle".
- Okay, I sucked at doing Highs and Lows last week, so forgive me that this High was over a week ago. Christmas of course was wonderful, the girls received too much stuff (but in our defense, they didn't get any "big" gifts like bikes or Leappads or anything, so they got a ton of small/medium stuff). I found a site online where you can do a personalized video for your child, where Santa will say their name, show pictures of them, etc. The looks on the girls faces were PRICELESS.
- Got an email from a reader, telling me she felt silly for writing me, but wanted to tell me how much she loves my blog. Seriously, NEVER feel silly for emailing someone to tell them that. It totally made my day, no joke.