Friday, February 4, 2011

Thank you. Gracias. Merci. Kamsah hamnida

This is a post to say thank you, dear readers and friends out in Blogland. We all know gracias and merci. The last one, pronounced kahm-sah ham-nee-da is korean. Didn't think you were going to learn something, didya?

It's been a LONG week.  The girls have been off of school Tuesday-Friday due to the weather, which means I've had little shadows following me around, saying "Mommy. Mom. Mom. Mommy." So mommy wise, it's been exhausting. But in Blogland? It's been flippin' awesome.

So, first off, thank you to those of you who voted! I ended up winning January's "Blogger of the Month" over at Today's Top 20. I can't believe the response my paint chip wall art has had. I've seen it featured on a ton of blogs, and with it, I won a pretty cool prize package for the blogger of the month contest.



Second, I just saw that I'm at 200 followers. Holy cow. I just started this blog just over a month ago, and I've somehow managed to convince 200 people that I'm worth reading. I mean, I was ecstatic when I hit 25 followers. You guys are spoiling me.

And third, I've somehow managed to brainwash not one, but two bloggers into believing that I'm a "stylish blogger". Thus, worthy of receiving the Stylish Blogger Award.


There are rules that go along with receiving this award, which I fulfilled with my first nomination from Anna at Blissfully Whimsy. They are to thank the person who awarded you, share 7 things about yourself, and award and contact 15 new bloggers.

My second nomination was from Lesley at Five Seconds From Crazy, a blog I flipping LOVE. Seriously, you have to check it out. But with that second nomination, I'm just going to do the first two requirements. I'm lazy, I'm running on fumes at this point, and finding 15 stylish blogs to award last time was hard enough. So bare with me.

7 More Random facts about yours truly

1. Celebrity crushes.  Mine are Jake Gyllenhaal and Ryan Reynolds.

        

Of course, I think my husband beats them in the sexxay department, a million times over. But one thing that I LOVE about my husband is that he isn't jealous over a silly celebrity crush. The other day, hubby told me "Did you know that your man (Ryan Reynolds) was going to be the Green Lantern?" My husband = awesome

2. I have the most random taste in music. I listen to everything from rap to 80's, to pop, to funk. Not so much country, but there are a couple on my iPod. My last 5 songs on shuffle?

-"Shots" by LMFAO and Lil Jon
-"September" by Earth Wind and Fire
-"Make Me Lost Control" by Eric Carmen
-"Please Don't Go" by Mike Posner
-"Fast Car" by Tracy Chapman

3. I was in a music video with hubby. I answered an ad on Craigslist a couple of years ago about a music video and sent in a couple of pictures. They liked my look, so we set up a meeting. Out of 300 girls who submitted pics or met with them, I somehow won out and they asked me to do the video. Originally, the singer of the band was supposed to be my "love interest" in the video, but he ended up having to go out of the country when we were going to shoot. So they asked me if I knew a guy who would be in the video with me. So I told asked hubby, and there you go. The band is called Evan Spade, they're popular overseas and in Canada.







4. My favorite movies? Those would be The Shawshank Redemption and The Color Purple. Both of which will make me cry, no matter how many times I've seen them. Other favorites are The Princess Bride, Labyrinth, Pan's Labyrinth and Army of Darkness.

                        

                        


5. I told you in my last nomination that I love animals, so I'll introduce you to mine. I have a 9 year old miniature dachshund, Jasper. I got him when he was 6 weeks old when I was in Japan, and flew him back with me. He loves everyone, but is definitely "my" dog. We also have an eclectus parrot named Jack, and three crested geckos. Their names are Griffin (after UFC fighter Forest Griffin), Isis, and Chaos.



6. I have an irrational fear of locusts. I used to have a panther chameleon, and one night I fed him a locust. He bit off the head of it, and the body continued to move around and buzz/vibrate. Ever since then, I've been terrified of locusts. Clowns? Nope. Axe murderer? Nope. Locusts? I'd turn into a shivering blubbering mess.

7. Almost nothing makes me happier than a new pair of shoes. The higher, the better. Especially if they are bright colored, or have fun accents on them. Studs? Grommets? Buckles? Love them all.

As always, thank you, dear reader!

Photobucket

8 people love me:

Delightful Deets said... [Reply to comment]

Love your blog! We're following you back!

Five Seconds From Crazy said... [Reply to comment]

Ok, what is happening? I feel like I'm being punk'd lately!

If I had to pick anyone with the dreamiest eyes in the whole wide world, I'd have wicked trouble choosing between Jake and Ryan. I'm Canadian and so, of course, I have loyalty to Ryan, but Jake won my lust in The Good Girl. He was so vulnerable and nutty. Sigh....
Anyways, my hubby calls him puppy face. He's like, " Oh look. Your puppy face boyfriend is dating Taylor Swift. "

Love your taste in music! I am all over the map with my music taste, also.

I have seen this video before! That is some kinda messed up! I live just outside of Edmonton, Alberta and I am relatively sure that I saw these dudes at the Folk Festival. You look amazing in the video!

My fave movies ever include The Princess Bride ( anybody want a peanut? ) and Labyrinth! I just sang Magic Dance to my son while he was in the bathtub this afternoon!

You're so super cool!

SkinnyMeg said... [Reply to comment]

Congratulations jen!! that's so amazing!!

Life, Crafts and Whatever said... [Reply to comment]

@Lesley, now you're teasing me! Yes, swoon to Jake Gyllenhaal! My husband doesn't get it either. Ryan Reynolds he gets. Jake G? Nope. I think he's adorable. I like the scruffy, sweet, hottie body guys. Which perfectly describes my husband. And that's crazy that you've seen that video! Woo-hoo for my .2 seconds of pseudo fame!

Melissa said... [Reply to comment]

Oh my gosh! That is too cute, that you and your hubby were in a video together. Too cute.

Larissa said... [Reply to comment]

lol, I just nominated you for a Stylish Blogger award also, before I even saw this. Eat. Sleep. Create.

Unknown said... [Reply to comment]

Way to go!!!!

<3

I happen to think that Jake is pretty hot myself... but I didn't really find him that attractive until I fell in Love and got engaged to a dude that looks a great deal like him ;)

Your doggy is precious! I adore him.

Michelle said... [Reply to comment]

Congrats on winning blogger of the month! That is awesome!

PS - I've had the BIGGEST crush on Ryan Reynolds since he was in Just Friends :)