So here we are again. Time for Highs and Lows. Pretty simple. Share the highs and lows of your week. I even had hubby make me a pretty button you can place on your blog.
I'm making a couple of changes though. I'm going to leave the link thingy open for 5 days. 2 days just wasn't long enough, and people were participating but weren't able to link up in time. And next week I'll be starting it on Sunday instead of Saturday. I figure, a week is Sunday thru Saturday. So starting my list on Saturday is throwing me off. But you live, you learn.
- I finished two days of the Couch to 5k thing. Was hoping for 3, but hey, there's always tonight. Might be able to get that third one it. I HATE running, but I feel really awesome when I'm finished. Not awesome like "Wow, that wasn't hard at all". But awesome like "Holy crap, I'm going to die, but I did it. I rock, the end".
- We had a girls night last night. Pajamas, wine, chili cheese tater tots from Sonic all make for a great night. It's such a blessing to have friends like those ladies. Girls who just "get" you. Blended families, asshole bosses, killer chimney birds. No topic is off limits.
- Hubby bought tickets to go see Michael Winslow at the Improv for next weekend. Michael Winslow is that guy from Police Academy, the one who makes all of those noises. His comedy seems whatever on youtube videos, but the sounds are still cool
- I scored at my favorite thrift store. I don't get over there very often, it's 25 miles away. But it's about a mile away from the Korean grocery store that my mom goes to. So when I take her over there, I stop by the thrift store. Spent $14, got a bunch of cool stuff.
- after being a one car family for over 7 months, we finally got hubby's car back from the shop. His computer went out, and it took a while to find a used one. The shop that was fixing it works with the church, so since we're getting a deal on it, it became low priority. But we made it work.
- Slowly getting all the stuff together for Arielle's party. Hubby designed the invites to look like concert tickets for her rock star theme party.
- My tooth still really freaking hurts. Thank goodness I have my appt on Tuesday to put on the permanent crowns.
- Hubby's car just had the check engine light come on. What the crap.
- Had a phone call on Monday that sounded like this. "Hi, this is Arielle's teacher. It's 1:45 right now, and we had early release at 1:20 today." Forgot to pick up my kid. Oops. Apparently I wasn't the only one, the office was full of "forgotten" kids.
- Hubby has been stressed lately. He has a lot of freelance jobs right now, which is great. But he has more jobs than it seems he has time for. He gets home at 5:30, we eat dinner at 6ish. Then he plays with Ava for an hour before she goes to bed, and then spends time with me and the other girls until 8:30 or so. And by the time he gets to sit down and do freelance, it's 9. I just hate how much he works, but am so thankful that he has the means to more income. Meaning I can stay home with the girls.
Another week where the highs outnumber the lows. Not too shabby.