Thursday, March 1, 2012

11 Things You Didn't Know You Wanted To Know About Me But Now You Do.

Lesley at Fabulously Flawed tagged me in a little Q&A and I thought, " Hey. Why not? I'm only watching the River for the 4th time since I'm goofing off on Facebook and not really following the show. So I keep having to restart it. Eventually I'll figure out what's going on.

1.  How did you decide to start blogging?

Lover actually encouraged me to blog. I've always been a crafter, and he said "Hey, you make interesting crap. People might like to read about your awesomeness in a blog format." Okay, he didn't say that exactly, but close enough. 

2.  What would be your dream job?

Something with animals. I always thought it'd be cool to be a dolphin trainer. Don't I look like a natural?


3.  What is your favorite movie or book?

I think Wicked by Gregory Maguire is such a phenomenal book. I've read a few others of his that I enjoyed too. I didn't care for the rest of the Wizard of Oz books (Son of the Witch and I know there are two more) but the other ones are good. There is one about the stepsister of Cinderella that was good. 

Favorite movies? Shawshank Redemption of course. And the Color Purple. And Pan's Labyrinth. And The Labyrinth. All epically awesome. 

4.  Favorite food?

Really depends on the day. Usually Cherry Coke and Sea Salt and Vinegar Lays, but now they make me gag. This pregnancy is so weird! Normal favorites would be cheesecake. Or pecan pie. Or a good BLT with mayo.

5.  If you had an entire afternoon free, who would you want to spend it?

Something with Lover. Doesn't matter if we're out, or just chilling at the house. I know I'll have a good time. But it'd have to be before 7pm, which is my bedtime these days.

6.  What is the most significant goal you have achieved to date?

Crap, I don't know. I haven't killed my children, which is saying a lot considering that all they do lately is bicker. 

7. What is your dream vacation?

I want to go on one of those wildlife safaris in Australia. Think a kangaroo would want to come home and live with me?



8.  When you go to weddings, do you dance or sit like a bump?

Dude, I dance my butt off. I don't care if I'm the only one on the dance floor. Life is too short to worry about who's watching you live it. 

9.  If you were going to volunteer for an organization, what would it be?

There is a wildlife rescue called In-Sync Exotics about half an hour from here that I've always wanted to volunteer at, but due to time, I just can't. They rescue wild cats from bad locations/bad owners and rehab them and give them a forever home. I took Lover there on a tour for our one year anniversary, and the love that the owners have for these animals is just amazing.

10.  Favorite celebrity or sports star?

The only sport I follow is UFC. And my favorites in that sport are Forest Griffin, and it used to be Georges St Pierre, but he's been so lax lately (plus he's injured) and he isn't finishing fights. Yes, he's winning, but he doesn't finish them (if you are a UFC fan you know what I mean). 

Fave celebrity? One would be Ryan Reynolds. Not because he's good looking, but because he's a world class actor who's super talented in portraying diverse characters..... yeah, who believed that load of crap? It's because he's hot. 


My other "favorite" actor? Favorite meaning super non-secret celebrity boyfriend?





Despite my husband not understanding my crush on Jake Gyllenhaal, I think he's gorgeous. But I guess I'd have to say my favorite actors, acting wise, are Tom Hanks, Tim Robbins or Morgan Freeman. I'd watch them do an infomercial in hemorrhoid cream.

11.  What is your best go-to recipe when you have company coming?

I do chicken fajitas. They're super simple, everyone makes their own plate so it's super low key, and nearly impossible to mess up. 

Now the silly rules:

**You must post the rules.
** Answer the 11 questions that the tagger posted for you & then create 11 questions to ask the people you've tagged. (Crap, just read this part. I totally jacked Lesley's questions)
** Tag 11 people and link them in your post.
**Let them know you have tagged them.

Eleven? Crap. Eleven means three, plus whoever wants to do it, right?

4. YOU

7 people love me:

Anonymous said... [Reply to comment]

ok you soooo look like a dolphin trainer, I thought you were before I read! good post! love it!

Anonymous said... [Reply to comment]

ok you soooo look like a dolphin trainer, I thought you were before I read! good post! love it!

Lesley said... [Reply to comment]

It was really hard for me to pass it on to 11 people. First of all, not everyone likes to write about stuff like this. A lot of blogs are strictly crafts / recipes / whatevs.
I'm glad you did it though. It's always awesome getting to know you better. :)

Janice said... [Reply to comment]

Yikes! 11 things! I was snickering at you that Lesley had picked you. Now I'll have to think...

And I agree about looking like a dolphin trainer!

SkinnyMeg said... [Reply to comment]

Fun post! I keep meaning to get over to InSync and check it out! You were born to work with animals, you have a big heart!

Julie said... [Reply to comment]

I guess this is your way of telling me that you miss me writing on my blog... Can't wait to see you in a couple of weeks... Hugs! Julie

Janice said... [Reply to comment]

Just so you know, I totally plan on doing this. But this week is insanely busy then next week the WHOLE FAM is driving 20 hrs each way to Florida. For a week. Then driving back. wow. So I'll be back to normal sometime around the end of the month. And I promise I'll post it then. (I did start it already, if that counts for anything!)