Monday, August 27, 2012

Back to school and pregnancy updates

I'm pretty sure everyone else's kids have already made it back to school, but today was our first day of school. My oldest is in 4th grade, my middle is in 1st. The first grade teacher is the one that my older daughter had, and we adore her. 


Yeah, I know Ava only has on one sock. She refuses to wear her right sock and will always immediately take it off. Weird, right? 

Yesterday we hit 35 weeks pregnant. I'm at 17 lbs gained and still all belly. We are still trying for a VBAC, which means that I have to go into labor naturally (they won't induce if you're trying for a VBAC since there is more chance for uterine rupture). So we picked up from evening primrose oil and raspberry leaf tea capsules. Neither will cause labor, it just strengthens and tones your uterus, which will hopefully help us with the VBAC. 


Our next appt is on (I think) September 5th. Alli is definitely the most active of all my babies and moves around constantly. The room switcheroo is taking FOREVER. Partly due to my pregnancy slowing me down, and partly because there is just no freaking room in this house to store anything. It's funny, a year or so ago, hubby and I said we'd be in this house for a few years, and now we're saying that in two years or so, it'll be time to look. We'd definitely look in our current neighborhood though, we love it here. 

So that's what's been going on in my world. What's new with you? 

3 people love me:

Angie said... [Reply to comment]

My youngest son always did the sock thing too. He's 14 and still occasionally has one sock on and one sock off!

Janice said... [Reply to comment]

Your belly is so cute! Can't wait to see the little one!

Anonymous said... [Reply to comment]

Congrats on your new bundle of joy on the way! How exciting! We are 14 weeks pregnant with baby #2, due March 4th but having a repeat c-section the end of February. I hope you get the VBAC you're wanting!

I'm so glad you stopped by my blog and am following yours now, as well. I'm looking forward to reading more of your great posts! :)

Kim
Little Rays of Sunshine