Monday, July 11, 2011

Design Star? Vern Yip? David Bromstad? Yes Please!

Okay, we're all familiar with HGTV, right? And we all know how awesome it is, right?

Did you know that the newest season of Design Star is premiering tonight at 9pm/8c?

Now, I'll be honest, I'm not familiar with Design Star. Heard of it, but never watched it. I do know that David Bromstad (the hottie behind Color Splash) won the first season of Design Star. Did you know that he's the mentor this season?



You can meet the cast before the show airs tonight! I think I'm going for Leslie Ezelle. She's the pretty blonde just to the left of the center of the pic. She's a fellow Dallas hottie and a mom to a blended family. You've got my vote, chick.

Now, the thing that I'm most excited about? Vern Yip is one of the judges this season. You might know Vern from Trading Spaces. He was by far my favorite designer on there. Nothing crazy like feathers or zebra print on the walls. Just good, clean, eye catching design. Other judges are fan favorites Genevieve Gorder and Candice Olsen.



I will be tuning in, I'm excited to see what the new people come up with (and hopefully come up with some ideas for my house).

Have you seen Design Star? Are you already a fan of the show, or are you an excited newbie like me?


If you are a newbie like me, no worries! You can catch up on ALL the previous seasons at HGTV.com. That's what I will be doing during naptime in the next couple of weeks. And yeah, that's way more fun important than cleaning (like I should be doing during naptime. Oops).

Disclosure: This post is part of a sponsored campaign by Crafterminds and HGTV Design Star. My opinions are my own.
Photobucket

6 people love me:

Kris @ everywhereorange.com said... [Reply to comment]

I LOVE Design Star!!! I have been watching since season 1. But to be honest i will watch almost anything on HGTV, i am a junkie. When I saw David in the commercials i was excited but then i thought where is Vern and Candice??!?!?! I am glad to see they are back. I'll be watching :)

Samantha {Moody Mama} said... [Reply to comment]

I watched last season and I'm hooked! I might have to watch previous ones now. I love Vern, Genevieve and David so this season will be amazing!

Katie said... [Reply to comment]

Thank you for the update! I do not have cable but I have two best friends: Hulu and Netflix. Thanks again, I hope this season is different from last years, I did not really enjoy it as much as the previous years. What about you?

Katie said... [Reply to comment]

I just read more carefully this is your first time--hope you enjoy it! It's fun and makes you antsy to take on some projects :)

Twitch - Lynne said... [Reply to comment]

I LOVE this show. I just wish I had a DVR so I could record it, since the hubby HATES it. I'll figure out some way of watching it.

I hope the Dallas girl does good. I love it when someone from my neck of the woods wins!

Unknown said... [Reply to comment]

LOVE THIS SHOW. thanks for letting me know it starts tonight!