Monday, October 24, 2011

Highs and Lows 10-24 edition

So here we are again. Time for Highs and Lows. Pretty simple. Share the highs and lows of your week.





Life, Crafts and Whatever




Lows
  • Had to put my dog down last Monday, after being my best friend for 9 years. That's my only low. Everything else is petty. 
Highs
  • Adopted a new dog from the shelter. I love love love him. He's attached to my hip, which makes me feel a lot better while I heal. He's part chihuahua, part terrier. So ugly that he's cute though.
  • Took the girls on a Haunted Trail on Saturday night. Three other families went with us. Instead of driving over there, we decided to walk the mile there, which was a nice time to relax and catch up. The girls loved it, there was a "kid friendly" section, and then you had the option at the midway point to either exit or continue on. The husbands continued on (and so did my older girls) and the moms took the babies and exited. It was a lot of fun. 
  • Had a photoshoot on Sunday with the photographer that I did my first shoot with three years ago. I always love the pics I get with him, and one of my favorite make up artists did the make up. I'm super excited to get those pics back.  
  • My parents decided to adopt a dog too! They had a poodle for 15 years that had to be put down in 2002. I told my dad about Petfinder, and he found a 6 month old toy poodle, and he went over the next day to meet him, and he brought him home. He's dark gray, and they named him Casey. So cute!
  • We got our first letter from one of the Compassion kids that we sponsor. It came on Saturday, when I was having a really hard day, emotionally wise. Talk about good timing. Really brought me out of my funk. 
  • On Sunday nights, my girls have Awana, so hubby and I have a date night. We went to Freebirds with another couple friend of ours, always have a nice time with them. 
So that's it. I need to get back into blogging, I've been slacking, majorly. Thanks for not jumping ship. 








    Photobucket

    2 people love me:

    Rachel said... [Reply to comment]

    So glad you found a new doggie! I'm not much of one to like chiuauauauauauah's, but he's pretty cute, I have to admit. :)

    My kids used to do Awana, and that was my girls' time at Starbucks. I loved it. I miss that!

    Lesley said... [Reply to comment]

    Blogging changes. You go through phases with it like anything else. I don't think you're slacking...you just have stuff happening.

    I know I haven't been particularly crafty lately. I bought all new pillowcases for our couch pillows when 6 months ago I would have sewed them. Too busy...too lazy.

    I'm really happy that your heart is joyful and that your new doggy found his forever home. All of our dogs have been rescues and they're the best!