So here we are again. Time for Highs and Lows. Pretty simple. Share the highs and lows of your week.
- Took Arielle to her orthodontist consult. Poor thing has such jacked up teeth. She needs one baby tooth pulled, the adult tooth came in way behind it and won't push it out. He said that she has moderate crowding and a misaligned bite. So he said in a year, she'll need partial braces and an expander for 18 or so months. Then a few years after that, she'll most likely need full braces. Poor thing. I wore braces for almost 5 years, I hate that she's going to have to go through the same stuff.
- Jasmin's birthday party is coming up, so I asked her how many girls are in her class. She told me 10, so I sent ten invites to her school with a note to the teacher, asking her if she would put them in the girls binders. She wrote me back, and said that unless I send an invite for all 25 kids, that she can't hand them out since it's "excluding" some kids. I guess I get it, but we don't do co-ed parties, and I can't imagine most parents being able to financially or space wise, invite 25 kids. Which means 25 kids, plus at least one parent and probably a sibling? I mean, what the crap, it's not like I asked her to hand them out in front of the boys. So I've sent out 6 invites, and let's hope that they show up, or it's going to be a bummer of a party for her. I mean, not everyone gets invited to everything, it's part of life. I'm just irritated. Her school friends are her friends, and I'm not friends with their moms and have no way to contact them.
- I've decided to rehome my parrot, which breaks my heart. But with 3 kids, I'm just pulled in too many directions to be able to give him the attention he wants. He wants to sit on me and hang out with me, which is fine and totally expected, but with Ava usually on me or right around me, it's not an option. I just think he'd be happier in a home without small children. And Jake and I have talked about a 4th child, so it's not just a matter of waiting for Ava to grow up. I'm bummed.
- I was asked to stand in as Arielle's table leader for her Awana class, since her usual table leader would be out. It was refreshing to see her so excited about God. I had to listen to each girl recite her verses, and helped out with their game. I won't be volunteering every time (Sunday night is our date night and when we have one on one time with Ava) but I wouldn't mind doing it every so often
- I won the giveaway at Infarrantly Creative for the Great Ideas contest! I won a Cuisinart ICE-21R Frozen Yogurt-Ice Cream & Sorbet Maker. Woot! I'm super excited to try it out.
- I've been doing really good with my work outs. Lost 2 lbs and an inch on my waist. Hubby and I took Ava up to the park on Saturday morning, so we jogged/walked 1.2 miles. Then I did 10 pushups, which I hate. And hubby told me to do 10 more. And then 10 more a few minutes later. I ended up doing a total of 75 pushups in about 15 minutes, all different kinds of push ups. Not bad for a girl who couldn't do ten pushups 3 weeks ago.
- Had such a great week with hubby. Great quality time, went to Five Guys which I LOVE, ordered pizza and watched the UFC fights (okay, that doesn't sound great for my diet, but what can you do).
- I'm finally finding time and energy (and ideas) to craft, which is awesome. Started on a Halloween wreath today, but I'm short one item. Grrrrrr.