So here we are again. Time for Highs and Lows. Pretty simple. Share the highs and lows of your week.
- I celebrated the big
3129 version 3 last Tuesday. Hubby grilled out filets, corn on the cob and baked potatoes. I got some great presents. Gift cards to Target, Homegoods, Bath and Body Works, and Old Navy. Old Navy can be hit or miss for me, clothing wise, but I love that you can use it at Gap and Piperlime too. I ended up getting these shoes at Piperlime.
I dig them. Rocker? Romantic? Awesomesauce.
- Another high? My sister in law got me Alice: Madness Returns for the PS3. Now, I suck at video games. But I've been wanting this one for forever, back when it was released on a PC (me, being a MAC user, never got to play it). And I love it. Although when the enemies start swarming me, I hit pause and have hubby get thru that part.
- My baby is turning one on Wednesday. I've been planning her party for a long time, and it's finally all coming together. Her dress is made, the favors purchased, the centerpieces finished. Now I just need to buy the food supplies. Thank God that my bloggy buddy Julie from It's Sew Stinkin Cute is coming over on Friday to help prepare the food. I heart her.
- I had a fantastic meet and greet with a photographer I want to work with, and I'm super excited about the shoot we're planning. Did you know that I
pretend tomodel? You really want to buy that spa coat, huh?
- Another photographer that I've been talking to just dropped off the wardrobe at my house last night. Pretty cool stuff. I haven't done any modeling since Ava was born, I'm itching to get back into it.
- Went to church this morning (which admittedly we suck at). Tried out a different campus, I dig it. I was worried about dropping off Ava, since usually she screams when we hand her off to anyone, but she did so good! They said that she deserved a sticker for the best baby there. Makes a momma happy to hear that.
- What. The. French is up with hubby's car? Spent a billion months in the shop, we get it back, has to go back to the shop thanks to leaking oil. Then on Thursday, on the way home, his car decided to die on the highway in a construction area (so no shoulder to pull off onto). He finally gets it started and it keeps dying every couple of minutes on the way home. Luckily the battery was still under warranty, but the lady at Walmart said it might be the alternator? Ugh. Screw you, car.
- I've been having the worst dreams lately. Ugh, seems like every night I have crappy dreams, and then I wake up in the morning in a sleep deprived funk. Last nights dream? Hubby decided to go back to school, but picked a school that was hours and hours away. His parting gift? A huge bag of old cookie cutters. WTH?
- Ava is teething, which means she's been a BUTT. Luckily it was only the first part of this week. My FB status that day?
So there you have it, another week down where the things to be thankful for out number the things to bitch about.