It's time for Highs and Lows. Pretty simple. Share the highs and lows of your week.
- I was asked to model for a make up school on Friday, it was supposed to be from 12-6. I showed up at 11:45, and the instructor didn't even greet me, just looked at me and continued to talk to his 5 students. Other models showed up around noon, and we were assigned to each make up artist. By then, it was 12:30. The instructor then brought in food for his students (and none for the models, which I thought was completely rude) and the artists then stopped talking to us to eat lunch. Seriously? I mean, you guys started school at 9, eat before we get there. By the time the artists started on our make up, it was 2pm. They were supposed to do 3 looks for their portfolio, which would give them 2 hours per make up look. So the first look was done by 4pm, photos taken, make up removed and move on to the next artist. I let the instructor know that I had to leave by 6, and he acted really put out. Second look done, photos taken, and I get ready to leave. We were promised a make up gift bag as a thank you gift, which I had to ask for (glad I did, since it had 4 MAC eyeshadow pigments in there).
I just found it really unprofessional. Noon start time should mean noon start time. I'm not getting paid for this, and if I'm scheduled to be there from 12-6, don't get pissy that I'm not willing to stay until 9pm for free. I have other stuff to do. You want to pay me to be there? Rock on. Not paying me? Sorry, I'm not hanging out there for 9-10 hours cause you can't get your act together. I act like a professional, I expect you to do the same.
Ava officially said her first word, "dog". She says it every time she sees him, so I'm counting that as a word. She also calls our parrot that too, LOL.
- Had a couple of really great dates with my husband. One on Friday night, we went to Outback Steakhouse when the girls stayed the night at my mom's. Then we went to 5 Guys for lunch on Saturday before we picked them up. I'm starting the Dub Lane Kettlebell Fitness Challenge on September 5th, so we're cutting down on eating out.
- Went to a friends house for lunch after church. Love you Erin! Our other friend Jenny came over too, it was great conversation, and all the kids get along.
Got a new haircut, which I totally love. I've been stopped constantly while I'm out, strangers are telling me that they love it and wish they could rock it.
- While talking to my hair stylist, she was talking about adoption, and how her family sponsors two kids through Compassion for $38 a month each. Hubby and I have been talking about doing it for forever, but then life happens and we forget. We decided to get online right then and sign up. We are now the proud sponsors of Maira, a 7 year old girl from Rwanda, and Dimas, a 4 year old boy from Indonesia. We just browsed through the kids who have been waiting the longest, and waited till we found two kids that felt right to us. We're still waiting on our packets from Compassion about our kids, but we are excited. Life is always going to be expensive, but I feel like there is more we can be doing. People are so amazing to us with all of Ava's issues, I feel like it's time we give something back.
- Started working on a care packet for the Johnson family. Nothing too crazy (I know we're all tight on money). Just some headbands for the girls in their favorite colors, and a book for Owen. I want to get him something else, but I don't know what. I don't know, I just feel compelled to do something. I want to say I can't imagine what they're going thru, but I also know that most people would say that they can't imagine their 12 month old having her 7th surgery, but that's what I just went thru with Ava. Such is life, right?
- A fabulous photographer I know named Jill dropped off some clothes that her girls had outgrown. And when I say "some" clothes, I mean "all clothes ever made in existence". Seriously, like, around 100 pieces of clothing, all super nice stuff. My girls were so excited. Jasmin kept asking me if she could wear the furry Christmas dress to school, LOL. That girl loves her dresses.
Both girls started school last Monday, and they both love their teachers. They both ride their bikes to and from school, a bunch of the neighborhood kids ride together, it's like a little bike gang, LOL.