Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Halloween recap

Did everyone have a great Halloween? We did. It was a great weekend over all. Scare on the Square on Saturday (it's where all the businesses downtown hand out candy), pumpkin carving on Sunday, trick or treating on Monday. As much as I want to strangle my kids at times, seeing them so excited makes me want to kill them, ya know, a little less. 







I'm the Cat in the Hat, kinda. It was too cold for the dress. Ava is a pumpkin, we got the costume last year on clearance for $2. Jasmin is a mermaid, and Arielle is a zombie.








Jake is a dead pirate. $3 sword + $4 thrift store shirt + craft paint = dead pirate. I cut the sword in half and attached it to him with wires and cardboard. He got a LOT of compliments on it, which was cool. He said that starting next year, I have to make everyone's costumes. I'll take that as a compliment.


Ava was PRECIOUS. It took her a few houses to get it figured it, but after a bit, when we would carry her up to the house, she would start to bounce and squeal, so excited about the candy.





I hope everyone had a great Halloween!


Photobucket

3 people love me:

SkinnyMeg said... [Reply to comment]

Y'all are so cute! I love J's costume, you should so be making them for the whole family :) Ava is just so happy, what to squish her cute cheeks!!

Megan said... [Reply to comment]

All those outfits are great - though the zombie is definitely my favorite!

Lesley said... [Reply to comment]

Aww, you guys look fantastic! I especially love Jake's costume..great job, sweetie!