- Nausea. Constantly. It's worse if I'm hungry, or if I eat too much, or I'm in a car. But it's constant. I didn't have any morning sickness with the older girls, and tossed my cookies for months when I was pregnant with Ava (but wasn't nauseous). This is awful.
- Pregnancy brain = SUCKS. I can't remember anything these days. I went to Kroger for deli meat. Left the roast beef on the deli counter. Remembered it while I was paying for my other meats. Went back to the deli, got it, took it to self check out, paid for it, and LEFT IT AT THE REGISTER. Grrrrrrrr.
- Lover and I FINALLY got new phones. Our tax return hit our bank account, and while it was all going to go towards bills, we decided to treat ourselves to a little present. So we went from the iPhone 3GS (Lover had the even older model, the 3G) to the iPhone 4S. Oh em gee, is it possible to be in love with a phone? Our old phones were SO SLOW. Sometimes they wouldn't open, sometimes they'd open and immediately close, the camera would take 30 seconds to open.... they were old and archaic, and it's so nice to have a new one. I ordered a case online (since the ones at At&t are so freaking expensive, and I'm just waiting for it to come in). However, until then, I'm terrified that I'm going to drop it. Eek.
- Got a package from my sister Sam. She asked us if the older girls could be in her wedding in November. Love that she asked us first, in case we had to say no. But of course, we said yes. The girls are so excited, they said they're going to start practicing. She sent them Disney princess stickers (Sam is having a Beauty and the Beast themed wedding, OMG!), ring pops, and a rose printed notebook.
- Another part of the package was a package for me, which I was totally NOT expecting. I figured that since she asked up on Skype about the girls being in the wedding, that she would have just asked me then if she was going to. But she said that it wasn't something she wanted to ask on the phone. She put together a little notebook for me, and the last page of it was this.
Did I mention that she changed her WEDDING DATE so we could be there (her original wedding date was only 5 days after my due date) so she rescheduled it for a month later. So sweet!
- A continuation of the notebook? A description of my bridesmaid duties. Being pregnant and 700 miles away makes it a little nerve wracking when you think of all the bridesmaid duties. Bridal shower, bachelorette party, etc. But Sam thought of all of that.
"I hear weddings can become a lot of work for bridesmaids. Please don't worry about showers or bachelorette parties, or anything like that. Your presence on my wedding day is all I need. Truly.
As my bridesmaid, your only job is to:
- feel beautiful
- hold some gorgeous flowers
- wipe away my happy tears
- understand how much your presence is appreciated
- know how much I love you"
- Ava took 6 steps on her own! Just let go of the coffee table and took off across the living room. Yes, that might not be a big deal for a toddler who will be 18 months old in 4 days, but considering that Early Childhood Intervention is coming out today at 3pm to evaluate her on why she's not walking yet, it's a huge deal.
- I always knew that Lover was a great husband, but he's even blown my mind with how he's been during this pregnancy. Cooking dinners when I'm too tired, doing homework with the girls when I don't have the energy to do it. Even last night, I was craving Burger King (why????) so we went thru the drive thru and then went to Freebirds for Lover to eat. Of course, Burger King messed up my order (apparently "no pickles or cheese" means throw those right on there). So I'm almost in tears (hey, I'm pregnant, I'm allowed to cry over cheese and pickles) and he gets up, drives back to Burger King, has them fix my order, and even gets them to throw in two pie slices for their mistake. All this BEFORE he ate his dinner. And anyone who knows Lover knows that if he doesn't eat, it's not a good time for anyone.
- Taking a "Mom's Study" at church on Wednesdays. A good friend of mine, Erin, invited me, and turns out another two ladies that I like are in the class too. Our table leader is slightly wacky though, but hey, it'll be interesting. 8 weeks, topics like kid stuff, household topics, even sex.