Monday, December 12, 2011

Photo Challenge Monday

So, I'm a horrible bloggy buddy. My buddy Lesley told me about her photo challenge, and gave me plenty of notice to prep, and I totally spaced on doing it last week. Bad Jen! I totally blame it on Blogger/Google reader, her posts were getting eaten.






16. Animals



Since I already posted a pic of my dog when this challenge first started, I thought I'd go a different way on this one. We took the girls to the pond yesterday and fed the birds. Ava LOVED it. She kept clapping and pointing at them. Melted my little heart!


17. Memories


Now, one thing you won't catch me doing on this blog is bitching or trash talking my ex. Not my style, I think it's tacky. But you need a bit of back story to understand my complete and utter joy when I found these pics this morning. When I left my ex, it was in a rush, and I didn't get a chance to take any of the pictures of my girls with me (darn you, digital age when everything is on the computer!) and he's never emailed them to me. And now that we are on speaking terms, he told me that his computer crashed and he can't recover any pictures. :( So I have very few pictures of my oldest from ages 2.5 and under, and even less photos of my middle daughter from ages 1 and younger. So you can imagine my surprise this morning when I found these pics hidden in the recesses of my email! I had emailed them to my now husband when we were still just dating, and somehow still had them attached to the email when he replied. So grateful to have found these. So yes, I didn't take these this week, but I did find them, so that should count, right Lesley?


18. Something New




Okay, I know I'm not the only one who hasn't heard of a cookie party? My friend Megan hosted one on Saturday. You can go to her blog and read more about the party here, but basically you bake 4 dozen cookies, bring them, and everyone trades. Gives you a ton of homemade cookies, without all the work. Did I mention that I won the prestige of "Best Cookie", for looks and taste? You'll have to go to her blog and see what I made. Spend time looking around her blog, she does so much stuff, it's unbelievable. Furniture refinishing, painting, etc. Did I mention that we've been friends for 16 years? Yowzas. Yes, I'm a bit red in the pic. I may or may not have had 4 glasses of her cranberry margaritas. Oops. 

19. Best Friend. 




Sounds totally cliche, but it's my husband. Anyone who can take on my two kiddos, give me one more perfect one, and love me despite all my faults? Yeah, those are totally best friend qualities. Plus he's hot.

20. Seasonal. 


Our Christmas tree. Would you be able to guess that we have a toddler in the house?

Boom. Mission complete.

Photobucket

5 people love me:

Lisa Fliehman said... [Reply to comment]

Jennifer, I can not imagine not having all the pictures I do of my boys growing up. We had them when digital was just becoming popular and we are definitely picture poor from all the pictures I took, but We have them and I can scan if need be. Also the pic of you and your friend at the cookie party is just adorable. You have a beautiful smile!!

Lesley said... [Reply to comment]

Haha...I seriously can't get on your back at all about not taking photos specifically for the post. I took all of my photos this morning then quickly uploaded them. Except the candle one but I took that late last night. :oS

Next time you're in Canaduh let me know so that we can make many drinks and eat many cookies.

LP aka A Crafty Southern Chick said... [Reply to comment]

I totally cheated this week! And I've heard of a cookie exchange, but never been to one. It sounds fattening and fun! :)

SkinnyMeg said... [Reply to comment]

I heart those old pic, the girls were so small! I really need to do some type of backup on all my pics so I don't lose them! Oh and I think we should just say we've been friends for a long time, 16 years makes us sound old :) ha ha!

Little City Farm said... [Reply to comment]

I love your pics and literally laughed at your toddler comment about the tree.