Have you ever seen that movie, The Story of Us? If you have, you either love it or hate it. Basically, Ben (Bruce Willis) and Katie (Michelle Pfeiffer) are married and trying to decide if they should end it or not. But kids, and their past together makes it a harder decision than just yes or no.
One part of the movie that I love is the dinner scene. No, not the tense, awkwardness of it, but the game that they play. They play a game called "Highs and Lows". Basically, you share the highs and lows of your day. We play it around our dinner table
when we remember most nights.
I thought it'd be a fun link party. Not daily, but a weekly thing. I'm going to do it on Saturdays, but wanted to give this one an extra day since it's new. I'll close it out on Sunday nights. I even made hubby put his freelance on hold so he could make me a shiny new button. Wives take priority over paying clients, right?
So your week is Sunday thru Saturday, think back and share your highs and lows. I know there are similar parties out there, but this one doesn't have to be what's awesome or not to you personally. Your hubby got a new job? Share it. Your kid made a home run? Share that too! Lost your favorite irreplaceable lipstick? Vent it, sista.
I hope you'll play along! It'll make me cry if you don't. Seriously. I hope I set up the link thing right, eek. I even made the button easy to grab fer ya.
- We celebrated our three year anniversary on Tuesday. Hubby surprised me with a horse drawn carriage and dinner at my favorite restaurant.
- Hubby bought us a Wii. Awesomeness.
- My momma's birthday was yesterday. Today I'm taking her to lunch at Joe's Crab Shack and going shopping. I heart my mom and love that she lives so close.
- Except for attaching the permanent crowns in two weeks, my teeth are finished! 9 crowns total.
- Hubby got the call that his car is almost finished. We've been a single car family for 8 or 9 months. His car's computer went out, and since we're getting the work done at a discount thanks to the church, it's the lowest priority.
- I've had a great time going shopping. We're doing family photos in a few weeks, which means new clothes! Got Ava's dress, Arielle's shirt, my dress... Jake already has a shirt to wear, and I'm picking up Jasmin's shirt today. Just need to make the hair accessories.
- My mom came over on Wednesday to watch the girls during my dental
tortureappointment, and brought me a huge box of vintage buttons. Any crafter knows how awesome that is. It's pretty cool to see the price of ten cents on a pack of buttons. Some of the packaging is so pretty.
- Dental work made my TMJ hurt pretty bad. Trying to avoid taking vicodin.
- I'm dealing with a cold right now. Coughing, stuffy head, sore throat. Booooooo.
- I cannot find the jumbo pack of glue sticks I have, anywhere in the house. Which means all of my crafting has been put on hold for the past couple of days. And being a one car family means that I haven't been able to make it to the store, until today. I might buy three bags and place them in different places around the house, just so this doesn't happen again.
I hope you'll play along! Seriously, do it. Doooo iiittttttt. Please?