Tuesday, October 9, 2012

No Worries, I'm Still Alive

No, I haven't fallen off the face of the earth. Just trying to get used to the schedule of waking up with a newborn and keeping up with three other kids. Luckily hubby is such a huge help, so every other night I get a full night's sleep. We're trying to get Alli on a night feeding schedule of 11:30, then 2:30, and then 5:30. Hubby is a night owl, so he takes the 11:30, we alternate the 2:30 and I take the 5:30 since I'm a morning person. Alli still has her days and nights mixed up. She wants to sleep all day, and then wake up around 7pm to party. Luckily my father in law came to visit for a week and took all of the 2:30 feedings while he was here, which was SO appreciated. Thanks Steve! 

Ava is doing well, adjusting to the baby in the house. I was worried about a bit of jealousy, but we try and keep Ava involved as much as we can. She gets us diapers if Alli needs one, hands us the burp cloth, etc. I'm making sure to give Ava extra snuggles, since she's always been attached to my hip, I don't want her to feel replaced or left out. 

The other two girls are doing well. Jasmin turned 7 yesterday, so we did a family outing to Build A Bear. We dropped off Alli with my mom, and Jasmin, Arielle and Ava each got to pick out a bear and some accessories. 

I'm not going to lie, I'm freaking exhausted. Which is to be expected 12 days after having a baby and interrupted sleep, but I'm hanging in there. I have some fun giveaways coming up (one you don't want to miss will be posted on the 15th) and I'll get back into crafting, slowly but surely. Thanks for following and for your sweet messages, it means a lot. 

And because I can't leave you without some pics.....








8 people love me:

Rhiannon said... [Reply to comment]

she is precious! i give you so much credit for 4 yikes im stressing for only 2!

Ness said... [Reply to comment]

Beautiful, beautiful family!

Take care. You are blessed with a wonderful husband.

When you get a second, I had a tissue paper done on glass from a picture and now I want to give my kids a framed pic of this as 3 of the 4 have gone to the Rainbow Bridge. Can I just take a picture of the piece and have it blown up to 8 x 10 size? I was in the bathroom when God handed out craft knowledge. Your opinion would be great! Take care.

SkinnyMeg said... [Reply to comment]

Well, your not really making me want to go pop out another :) 2am feeding, nah I'd rather sleep, but then you see her precious face and rememeber it won't last forever.

Anonymous said... [Reply to comment]

Wow!!! Congrats, your baby girl is adorable!!! As are all of your girls!!

Leeann said... [Reply to comment]

Congratulations! I've been Keeping track, glad to hear you were able to go vbac.

Is that pic of you now? You look incredible!

terribell85 said... [Reply to comment]

You look incredible!!

Life, Crafts and Whatever said... [Reply to comment]

@Ness

Hi Ness!

Your profile isn't set up to receive emails, so I can't reply back. Feel free to email me at jenfur427 at hotmail.com and I can take a look at it. I can't promise that I'll know the answer, but seeing a pic would help! Thanks!

Life, Crafts and Whatever said... [Reply to comment]

@Leeann

Yes, that's a current pic, so thank you!