Monday, April 23, 2012

Updates and Going-ons

My goodness, I am so far behind on blogging. I seriously don't know how people blog every single day. 

Things are good, I'm 17 weeks pregnant today. Starting to feel movement daily, but Jake has only felt it once. At our last OB appt, the dr said that baby girl is facing my back and kicking my placenta, which is why I don't feel movement all the time. 

I'm stoked that we're having another girl. I know that after having three girls, I'm "supposed" to want a boy. But we have a crap ton of girl things. I know girls. I can make pretty girl things. I'm happy to be having a girl. We haven't talked names yet. I have one that I love and that Jake likes, but we still have about a million to go through before we finalize. 


Lily, our new rescue dog, is doing well. A few accidents in the house, but we expected that. She hasn't figured out to go to the door when she wants out, but as long as I put her outside every couple of hours, she's been doing great. I think she's claimed me as "her" person, and will growl at Titan if she's in my lap and he comes close. But all that earns her is a "NO" and a seat on the ground. She's getting better at it. Not that I'm worried about her biting. She had dental work done last Wednesday. She had 28 teeth pulled, so right now she only has 3 canine teeth remaining (dogs have 40 teeth, so she already had quite a few missing). But she seems to be much happier, and it's nice to be able to be near her without gagging from her breath. 


Hubby worked from home all last week, and staring this week, he's doing some time at the workplace. He'll be doing full time freelance, so he'll be at home half of the time, and at the job site half of the time. It's fun having him at home, but I have to make sure that Ava isn't bugging him. She loves her daddy. 


Lover and I celebrated our 4 year anniversary last Thursday. If I had thought about it, I would have done a post. Bad blogger! On Saturday, my mom took the girls for the night, and we went out and ate at the local Hibachi place. Super yummy! We were the only ones there, and at one point, Canon in D by Pachelbel came on their stereo. That's the song I walked out to at our wedding. :)


Right now we're trying to trade in my SUV for a minivan. I think that means I'm officially a "mom". Trying to find a used car in great condition with low miles in our price range that wouldn't embarrass me to drive is harder than it seems. 


What else.... had a photoshoot on Saturday with a great make up artist and a photographer friend. He's newer, but I always love my photos with him. They're the same ones who did the pic that I used on my profile pic on the top right of my blog. I can't wait to see the pics. I've gained a whopping 5 lbs since I got pregnant, but still, I feel frumpy most of the time. It was a nice change to feel pretty and get dolled up. 

So I think that's it, folks. 

5 people love me:

Lesley said... [Reply to comment]

I'm not pregnant and I am being a total blog slacker. Your people here love ya and understand that the " in real life " people over there take precedent over blogland. Just take care of you and yours, eh?

Janice said... [Reply to comment]

Not pregnant either, nor do I have new dogs and I haven't blogged in ages. I think you're doing spectacularly.

It's cool that you're having a girl. She's entering an awesome family with three older sisters! She'll be cool before any of her little friends even know cool exists.

And we're on the same hunt to swap our SUV for a van. I don't think it will happen til next fall, but we're outgrowing our SUV in a serious way. And I guess I'm really a mom because my lifelong hatred of minivans has fizzled out and I get pangs of jealousy every time I see someone else open their automatic sliding doors. Not to mention that their kids aren't basically sitting on each other's laps because there's just not really enough room for three carseats....

SkinnyMeg said... [Reply to comment]

So glad your new pup is fitting in! You in a minivan.....hard to imagine :) Picking a baby name is so hard, thing I like Oliver doesn't and then I have to wear him down! Happy Anniversary to you and J!

Ness said... [Reply to comment]

Not pregnant for which I thank God at age 57 :-) but I'm busier now than when I worked part time from home. Had to drop $800 on new front brakes...the guilts have got me convinced that I HAVE to go back to work. I should know by September if I'm going to get disability and that would be a godsend. It is so hard to work as a medical transcriptionist with fibromyalgia and chronic fatigue syndrome and side effects of radioactive iodine treatment for thyroid cancer. But the yard is looking great. Why I put so much into a place I'm renting is unknown except my dad always did it in the springtime. Read my latest blog for the rundown on all we did Saturday. My husband just walked in with 3 Siberian irises he had ordered. Sure, let me go shake the money tree when I find it. Glad all is going well for you and yours. Happy belated anniversary. Who has time to blog when they have free time without kids? Take care~you are in my daily prayers.

Lovely Light said... [Reply to comment]

I haven't been by for a while, but it was great to read your update! Congratulations! I want all girls (which the hubby is mostly okay with), but who knows how that will work out. Girls rock!